Applies to: Displax PCAP Devices
Symptom(s): No touch, broken touch, dead spots, and/or false touches
Affected OS: MacOS
Prerequisite Software: Displax Connect
1. To download Displax Connect, click on the link above.
2. Double Click the Displax Software Icon to start Installation.
3. Click Next for the next three steps.
4. Click Install.
5. To complete this download, Click Finish.
6. The Displax Connect Software will be stored in your Applications. You can drag and drop the Displax Connect Icon to your Desktop for easier access.
7. The following window will appear as long as the controller is properly connected. To calibrate, click the Calibration button.
Note: It is important the Touch Toggle is set to "ON" or "Stand-by" for Touch to be detected.
8. Begin by setting the Gain to a value of (“1”) and wait 2 seconds. Note: Every time the Gain value is changed you need to wait 2 seconds before you can touch the screen (a "do not touch" image will flash for 2 seconds).
Touch while increasing the Threshold until a good touch is detected. Drag the touch and continue to increase the Threshold until the drag is continuous in the whole Touch Sensor, by testing thoroughly both the center of the Touch Sensor and the borders.
When the drag color changes it means that drag has been lost. If Threshold reached a maximum value, and a good touch experience hasn’t been achieved yet, increase the Gain one value and repeat the process.
Keep repeating the steps until you reach a good touch performance.
9. Close the Displax Connect software in order to save the setting in the touch screen controller. If the Connect software is not closed, and the USB cable is unplugged from the device running the Connect software, the settings change will not be saved.