TSI Touch Infrared (IR) Touch Enabled Display Cleaning
The IR touch screen consists of three primary elements exposed to the end user:
The primary causes of damage to an IR touch screen while being cleaned are:
- Protective tempered cover glass
- Covers the entire face of the display
- Powder coated cold-rolled steel housing (Bezel)
- IR filters
- Red polycarbonate strips visible to the end user around the perimeter of the touch screen
- Scratches to the protective cover glass
- Caused by use of abrasive cleaning materials
- Damage to the IR filters
- Caused by use of abrasive cleaning materials or repeated application and saturation of acidic or alkali solution including alcohol.
- Damage to the electronics housed behind the IR filters
- Caused by the application of cleaning fluids directly to the glass surface or IR filters that results in the penetration of fluids and flooding of the electronics.
Limited removal of permanent maker, dry marker, and other difficult to remove marks from the face of the cover glass can be accomplished using any non-abrasive cleaner suitable for glass cleaning if extreme care is taken to ensure the cleaning solution does not come in contact with the IR filters.
Very limited removal of permanent maker, dry marker, and other difficult to remove marks from the face of the IR filters can be accomplished using alcohol if extreme care is taken to ensure the cleaning solution does not saturate the IR filter strips. Repeated use of alcohol to clean the IR filters will result in permanent damage to the IR filter strips.