- ShadowSense touch technology is an innovative and patented optical position sensing technology. ShadowSense designs use high-performance sensors operating in the analog domain to provide unprecedented performance, stability, and accuracy.
- 6 or 10 touch points available
- Palm Rejection and Shape Detection
- Sunlight Immune
How It Works
ShadowSense Touch technology is based upon the precise and accurate detection of an object’s shadow as it enters, hovers within, or transitions out of a sensor’s field of view. When a finger or an object touches the screen, multiple shadows are cast out at different angles. The touch point is created where multiple shadows converge together best describing the touch location. When the shadows converge, the intersection of the shadows also describe the size and shape of the object.
ShadowSense Industry Applications
ShadowSense touch has a distinct advantage in applications where direct sunlight would adversely affect an IR touch screen. Applications for ShadowSense touch include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Television Studios/Broadcasting
- Car Dealerships
- Outdoor Applications
- Any Building with High Levels of Ambient Light (such as atriums/skylights)